The prairie drought, the depression and a pioneer spirit, influenced people to move north into the new raw land.
In 1926, a community meeting resulted in the organization of the post office. The name of Choiceland was suggested by Pete Rotz as the name of the post office. This suggestion was based on the fact that there was an abundance of available land and many different types of soil to be found.
In 1930 the CPR track was laid and the hamlet of Choiceland began to emerge. The post office was relocated. The first train rolled into town in 1931 and Choiceland’s Railway Avenue became the commercial hub of the town. In the next few years during the 1930’s , three general stores – Robinson’s Grabowski’s and Bachlunds, Harjula’s hardware store and garage was added. Vic Harjula also operated the first power plant and provided lighting for the small hamlet. The Choicleand Consumer Co-operative Association was incorporated in 1936 with 55 members. The Choiceland Hotel was constructed in 1936. The Saskatchewan Wheat Pool Elevator was erected in 1937 and the Choiceland Credit Union opened in 1943.