From the 30’s and into the late 40’s a livery barn and dray business, a black smith shop, a shoe repair business,a confectionary and barber shop ( with a pool table) a drug store, a butcher shop/meat market with locker plan were added to the commercial district.
The 40’s and 50’s saw businesses and services open up to support the growing agriculture industry. International Harvester Company, Massey Harris, Cockshutt and Case provided competitive sales and repair services along the main drag. A lumber yard, construction and trucking/ transportation services and other trades and services grew in the 50 and 60’s. 1944 saw the creation of the Choiceland Village’s first municipal council. The sports ground land was purchased in 1946. Boardwalks were replaced with cement sidewalks along Railway Avenue in 1948. Choiceland’s fire hall was constructed in 1952. A new school was completed in 1953 and 1958 saw the creation and housing of a new regional library.